Obviously it's been a long while... a lot of things have happened in the past months. As of June 9, 2012, Steven and I are married. Yes, we used the concept we had planned on. We are expecting a little one in only 3 weeks. With this in mind we did not have the wedding I was originally planning on having. There was no actual ceremony. We visited a friend who is a notary public and signed and had him sign as well. That was that. We are still waiting on Steven's ring to come in and trying to figure out what we're going to do about mine. I want something from a designer in England and it's apparently pretty hard to come by here in the states. But I'm in no rush my hands are too swollen to to be able to wear it right now anyways.
We had our baby shower on Sunday. I'm not really fond of being the center of attention but I really wanted Steven to get to experience the whole thing. Steven's mom hosted the shower and it turned out amazing. His cousin made the cake and it was delicious. Mostly family showed up, it was funny because we had 2 friends show up and both of them were guys. But above anything else I'm so appreciative for the people we have in our lives that are around to help us welcome this little one.
We've had people express their concerns about our decision to have a home birth. This doesn't really surprise me. Most of my very trusted friends are very supportive of our decision because they themselves are involved in circles where home births are a normal thing. Out parents are probably the biggest worriers about a home birth and I understand why. They both had births that didn't go as planned and worry that if something happens that we couldn't make it to the hospital in time. I actually have no fears. I believe in my body's ability to do what it was made to do. It's done it successfully before with a rather large baby. and having the baby at home this time around should be easier in our environment. The support team I have planned to be around me are all wonderful women and Steven of course. I trust them all and their judgement. I would not put this baby's life and mine in jeopardy. I feel that this is a safer option. I'd much rather bring a child into an environment where it will be used to the germs and bacterias present. Things that because I've lived here and built up an immunity to has already passed along to our growing baby and it is already safe and protected. Hospitals are where people go to die. They are infested with germs and bacterias that I have not been exposed to and neither I or the baby would have any immunity to the disease that harbored there. But more on this later, now it's time for a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment