Thursday, April 7, 2011

my escape

I've always had an obsession and lust for food. It's actually my one of my strongest natural instincts, right behind that mothering instinct. My love affair with good food is not as long lived as I would like but I'll deal. It's been a refreshing do-over from my most recent relationship that the new man in my life is a foodie who likes to cook.
I've never really been OK with just anyone in my kitchen. I'm very protective of my kitchen space, it's always been mine and mine alone. There have been very very few I've let into that space. There has to be a balance in a kitchen, a flow, almost a beautiful dance in synchronized harmony. Ups and downs, turns and passes, all to insure the safety of course and most importantly to the outcome of a beautiful and tasty meal to enjoy with loved ones.
Nothing calms me more than a glass of wine in one hand and a knife in the other. (yes I know that sounds bad, but hopefully you get what I really mean)My kitchen is my escape from everyday life. So why should I let just anyone in? I don't, so those of you who I allow in my small haven are pretty damn special. I've allowed you to cross more than my personal boundaries and into my life. I've allowed you into my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment